Side Effects of EyleaJust like any medicine, Eylea can cause side effects. However, not everyone who receives the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Eylea include but are not limited to:
- Redness or blood spots on the white part of the eye
- Eye pain
(Click Eylea Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug InteractionsEylea is unlikely to react with other medications (see Eylea Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- An infection in or around the eyes
- A history of a blood clot or stroke
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Eylea and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Eylea and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Eylea Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not receive the drug.)