If you take too much PreserVision, overdose symptoms may occur, such as nausea or vomiting, mouth or throat irritation, and blurry vision. Seek medical attention immediately if you think you may have overdosed on PreserVision. Overdose treatment options may include certain medications, "pumping the stomach," or supportive care.
Ocuvite® PreserVision® is a non-prescription vitamin and mineral supplement used to treat macular degeneration. The effects of a PreserVision overdose will vary depending on a number of factors, including the PreserVision dosage and whether it was taken with any other medicines, alcohol, or street drugs.
If you happen to overdose on PreserVision, seek medical attention immediately.
People who take too much PreserVision may have symptoms that include:
- Yellow eyes and skin
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Mouth or throat irritation
- Peeling or dry skin
- Hair loss
- Blurry vision
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- Kidney stones
- Liver failure
- Metallic taste
- Muscle pain.
The treatment for a PreserVision overdose will vary. If the overdose was recent, a healthcare provider may give certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." Treatment also involves supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on PreserVision.